Happy Birthday to you, Chester! May all your wishes come true!
- mike: hey chester what's that thing you're singing into!?
- chester: the popper stopper! .. this stops all the pop from getting through.. just rock, just pure rock can get through this one.
- mike: wait, take the popper stopper off & show the folks at home what happens if the popper stopper comes off.
- chester: here's the chorus.. I'VE GIVEN UUUUPPPP! right? put the popper stopper off.. i've given up..
- mike: put it back on!
- chester: AAAAAAAAAA--uuuuuup.. ooooAAAAAAAAAAAuuuuup.. it's amazing isn't it? it's like all of a sudden i get LIKE REALLY PISSED
It’s easy to fall into that thing — ‘poor, poor me’, that’s where songs like ‘Crawling’ come from: I can’t take myself. But that song is about taking responsibility for your actions. I don’t say ‘you’ at any point. It’s about how I’m the reason that I feel this way. There’s something inside me that pulls me down.